In a booming market, a house, which does not sell in a month, is considered to have a problem. However, in a slow market, selling a Santa Cruz home may take as much as 6 months to one year. Slowing that we have witnessed in recent times has shaped a lot of uncertainty in the real estate market. The rates of properties are dropping drastically and a majority of individuals is looking for a quick sale for their property. If you are also one of them, then here are a few tips that can help you in selling your property quickly even in a slow market:
• Make a video of your Santa Cruz home, both inside and outside, and watch it as if you are a potential buyer. Make sure that your lawn is not bare or weedy, and your house is spotlessly scrubbed and uncluttered. It is a fact that clean and well-maintained properties sell faster than the ones that seem to be too lived-in.
• Re-consider your Santa Cruz homes listing price. Visit other homes in your area and look if similar houses are priced lower than what you are asking. Selling rates might have dropped since you did your first comparative analysis. If you are not getting any buyers for your home, chances are that you have over-priced it. If you reduce your asking rate, chances are that you will sell your home quickly even in a slow market.
• Try not to be at home when potential buyers come to visit. Your presence may make it difficult or awkward for the buyers to discuss openly with their agent or partner.
• Once a potential buyer has visited your home, pay attention to what feedback they have to give. This can help you in toning down the décor, getting home repairs and improving landscaping.
• You can consider offering benefits to the buyers, such as closing costs, cash bonus, and owner financing.
In a slow market, you might end up selling your Santa Cruz home at a loss. Therefore, it is significant to consider every offer you come across.
If you are ready to sell your home, or would like information about the Santa Cruz Market, call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.