Home Wish List: I Want Vs. I Need
When starting to look for a home, it is important to take some time to investigate which features are most important for you. Make some priority lists like a home wish list as well as an "I need" list.
These can serve as a guide for your Real Estate Agent, help keep you on track with your search for homes and aid in making a decision between two or more favorite properties you have your eye on.
Read through the following attributes and features and then organize them according to the following:
Most Important Home Features:
List your five most important home features in order.
Preferred But Could Do Without:
List five in order.
List the five that mean the least to you in order (least to lesser).
Attributes/Features & What To Look For When Buying A Home:
- AGE: New Construction or older charm & character
- VIEW: Ocean or Mountain
- LOCATION: Country, city, commute or near beaches
- NEIGHBORHOOD: Consistent or eclectic
- WEATHER: Sunny or foggy
- YARD: Large, small or low maintenance
- SCHOOLS: Are they located nearby?
- NOISE: Tolerate traffic or absolute quiet
- BEDROOMS: How many?
- BATHROOMS: How many?
- KITCHEN: Gourmet or gas stove gas
- FLOORS: Hardwood or carpet
- CONDITION: Good, needs cosmetic work or fixer
- PROXIMITY: Near bus lines, shopping or church
- Garage or carport
- Closet and storage space
- Pool/Spa/Hot tub
- Acreage/ Horse Pastures
- In law quarters/ legal rental
If you have any questions or would like more home buying & selling tips and advice, contact Lauren Spencer, Coldwell Banker Realtor at 1-831-662-6522 or Toll Free: 1-800-226-4717.
Join our site for free and you'll have exclusive access to daily updated listings, that can help you find the perfect fit and your next dream home—from the comfort of your current home!