Home Wish List: I Want Vs. I Need
When starting to look for a home, it is important to take some time to investigate which features are most important for you. Make some priority lists like a home wish list as well as an "I need" list.
These can serve as a guide for your Real Estate Agent, help keep you on track with your search for homes and aid in making a decision between two or more favorite properties you have your eye on.
Read through the following attributes and features and then organize them according to the following:
Most Important Home Features:
List your five most important home features in order.
Preferred But Could Do Without:
List five in order.
List the five that mean the least to you in order (least to lesser).
Attributes/Features & What To Look For When Buying A Home:
- AGE: New Construction or older charm & character
- VIEW: Ocean or Mountain
- LOCATION: country, city, commute or near beaches
- NEIGHBORHOOD: consistent or eclectic
- WEATHER: sunny or foggy
- YARD: large, small or low maintenance
- NOISE: tolerate traffic or absolute quiet
- BEDROOMS: how many?
- BATHROOMS: how many?
- KITCHEN: gourmet or gas stove gas
- FLOORS:Hardwood or carpet
- CONDITION: Good, needs cosmetic work or fixer
- PROXIMITY: Near bus lines, shopping or church
- Garage or carport
- Closet and storage space
- Pool/Spa/Hot tub
- Acreage/ Horse Pastures
- In law quarters/ legal rental