by Lauren Spencer
on Wednesday, September 12th, 2012 at 1:01am.
If you’re putting your Santa Cruz home on the market, you know you want to make it irresistible to buyers. Here are five updates to consider:
1. Replace or paint garage doors. If you have an attached two-car garage, it is a very prominent feature of the front of your Santa Cruz home. You probably don’t even notice the garage doors anymore, but buyers will. If your garage doors are showing their age, consider painting or even replacing them for a new look.
2. Replace old windows. If your windows are single pane, this is a must. New double-pane windows will not only look great, they will increase the comfort and energy efficiency of your home significantly. In these energy-conscious times, buyers are not interested in a home with drafty old windows.
3. Refinish hardwood floors. If you’ve got them, hardwood floors are an asset. Get them looking their best before showing them off.
4. Paint. This is one of the least expensive ways to transform your home, both inside and out.
5. Update the kitchen. Some of the most attractive features in modern kitchens include: o Pull-out shelving in cabinets. These are a boon to an aging population. Never again throw your back out while groping for things in the back of cabinets. o Islands are still a popular feature. o Standout range hoods are becoming a focal point in fashionable kitchens.
If you want more information on how to get your Santa Cruz home sold, call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.