It’s time for some tough love, here. Your home doesn’t fit in with other Santa Cruz homes for sale. It doesn’t play well with others. When you put it on the market, you priced it more than 8% higher than the other Santa Cruz homes for sale. Frankly, it’s a market bully.
Look, I understand that you want to make the most out of your investment. Maybe you’ve done some serious remodeling that you feel warrants the price hike. I’m not putting any of that down, but I’d be doing you a disservice if I let you ignore the facts.
• There is no longer a federal tax credit to entice buyers and get them interested.
• Your house is competing with several foreclosures – many of which are priced as low as the lender can handle.
• The longer your house sits on the market, waiting for a buyer, the harder it will be to actually attract a buyer.
• There is a very little incentive for buyers to go out and buy now, especially higher priced homes.
• Mortgage rates are low, but lender qualifications are much tighter now.
Any seller hitting the market in today’s economy has two choices: wait or cut your losses. They aren’t pretty choices, but life is seldom convenient, no matter what commercials say.
If selling your home isn’t an absolute necessity, consider the fact that it might serve you better to hang in there. If you don’t have a compelling reason to put it on the chopping block, don’t.
If you must sell your house, don’t let it be a market bully. Price it according to the local market, not the price of a home across the country. In this case, you want your house to be part of the “in” crowd. Listen to your real estate agent’s advice and use the data he or she provides in the Comparative Market Analysis to set the best price.
With the way the economy is now, you can bet that owners of competing Santa Cruz homes for sale are serious about selling. The competition is tough, so, when pricing, be kind to your home and price it low enough to sell.
If you’re ready to sell your home, I can help get it sold.
Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com or visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com for information.
Comparative Market Analysis
Santa Cruz homes for sale