Real Estate BUYER'S AGENT Council (REBAC)
Why Use a Buyer's Agent?
Purchasing real estate is a complex and major transaction with many details to be handled. In the majority of cases the seller will be represented by an agent.
A buyer's representative is responsible for protecting the buyer's best interests. Research by the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® has shown that when a buyer's representative is used, the prospective buyer found a home one week faster and examined three more properties than consumers who did not use a buyer's representative.
A buyer's representative will:
- Evaluate the specific needs and wants of the buyer and locate properties that fit those specifications.
- Assist the buyer in determining the amount that they can afford (pre-qualify), and show properties in that price range and locale
- Assist in viewing properties -- accompany the buyer on the showings, or preview the properties on behalf of the buyer to insure that the identified specifications are met.
- Research the selected properties to identify any problems or issues to help the buyer make an informed decision prior to making an offer to purchase the property.
- Advise the buyer on structuring an appropriate offer to purchase the selected property. Present the offer to the seller's agent and the seller on the buyer's behalf.
- Negotiate on behalf of the buyer to help obtain the identified property -- keeping the buyer's best interests in mind.
- Assist in securing appropriate financing for the selected property.
- Provide a list of potential qualified vendors (e.g. movers, attorneys, carpenters, etc.) if these services are needed.
- Most importantly, fully-represent the buyer throughout the real estate transaction.
If you have any questions about buying real estate in the greater Santa Cruz area, contact Lauren Spencer, Coldwell Banker Realtor at 1-831-662-6522 or Toll Free: 1-800-226-4717.