When looking at Santa Cruz homes for sale, buyers prefer high-end features and upgraded appliances — even in houses that are modestly sized. If you’re selling soon then it’s understandable that you don’t want to overspend on renovations. Fortunately, using some of the following money saving tips, you can make upgrades and get a high-end look without breaking the bank.
• Don’t overlook recycling and salvage centers. You could get a significant discount by purchasing second-hand kitchen appliances. Just make certain that you get them inspected by a professional before putting them in your kitchen.
• Buy smaller plants and trees. You may be tempted to buy full-sized plants with burlap root balls. However, those can come at a steep price. Instead, buy younger trees and shrubs and let Mother Nature do her work. In a few years, you’ll have exactly the same look at a significant discount.
• Forego the jetted tub. Buyers are hoping to find Santa Cruz homes for sale with upgraded bathrooms and centerpiece soaking tubs. You can get a great bathtub at substantial savings if you leave out the jets. You’ll save on the actual tub as well as the cost to install and properly plumb it.
• Think outside the box when it comes to dark hardwood flooring. Oak floors can be easily stained to get a rich, dark look for a fraction of the price of more expensive mahogany. It’s an easy and much cheaper way to get a modern, luxurious look.
• Consider going with a square edge or a remnant piece for countertops. A square edge can be cheaper than a rounded edge, but still give your kitchen an attractive, modern look. For bathrooms and other smaller countertops, take a look at remnant pieces.
• Use stock cabinets and bookcases for built-ins and other cabinetwork. Then just paint or stain them to match. Custom cabinetry comes at a steep price, but with a little creative carpentry you can get a similar look for less than half the price.
If you’d like more advice on affordable remodeling projects to make your property competitive with other Santa Cruz homes for sale, please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional real estate information, please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Purchasing Second-Hand Kitchen Appliances
Plants with burlap ball roots
Floors Can Easily Be Stained