If you’ve resolved to start the New Year in a new home, then your first order of business should be to find a fantastic Santa Cruz real estate agent. Purchasing a home is a huge investment, and while there are no guarantees for finding the perfect Realtor, there are definitely certain qualifications you should add to your interview checklist.
• A current license – You’ll want to know if your potential Realtors have a current license to ensure they have Errors and Omissions Insurance, which compensates you if they make a mistake. Also, you’ll want to inquire with the state board to make sure they’re in good standing or if they have any cases of misconduct filed against them.
• Applicable experience – Ask to see a list of the homes your potential Realtor has sold within the last two years. You’ll want to make sure he or she has experience in both selling and buying homes within your area and price range.
• Online expertise – Make sure your professional has a strong online presence. The more communication outlets a Santa Cruz real estate agent has, the more information he or she has at their fingertips. This means he or she will be the first to hear about your ideal home.
• Time commitment – You’ll want a Realtor who makes you a priority. Some professionals can get overzealous, commit to too many clients and spread themselves thin. Ask how many hours a week he or she spends on each client and if they’re in touch on a daily, weekly or biweekly basis.
• Good references – Ask for references and be sure to follow up on them — you’ll be surprised by most people’s honesty. And be sure to ask friends, family and coworkers whom they’d recommend or whom they’ve heard is successful and reputable.
Buying a house might be one of the largest purchases of your life. You’ll want to make sure you have the right professional in your pocket to achieve your New Year’s resolution.
For more information on finding a successful Santa Cruz real estate agent, please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For a list of client comments please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Errors and Omissions Insurance
Buying a House