In this economy, every leg up on other sellers will help your home sell faster and at the price you want. If you’re not getting the offers you want on your Santa Cruz home, here are nine ideas to get things moving in the right direction:
1. Get an appraisal. Knowing what a professional appraiser thinks your home is worth gives owners a reality check. It also helps you determine the best price for your home.
2. Get a home inspection before listing your home. Find out the hidden problems with your Santa Cruz home and correct them in advance. If you get your home inspected and find problems but elect not to repair them, be sure to include the problems on the property condition disclosure form.
3. Consider offering a home warranty. Everyone likes a security blanket and a home warranty gives buyers an assurance that if something goes wrong with major appliances, plumbing or electrical systems, they will not have to spend a lot of money to get it fixed.
4. Pay for lawn care through the summer. This lets the buyer know you’ve thought of everything, and it’s one less worry for them when moving. Taking care of the pool cleaning tab is another incentive you may want to consider including.
5. Pay the HOA dues. If you're in a homeowner's association (HOA), pay the new buyer's fees for the first year.
6. Pay all or part of the buyer's closing costs. This can be deducted at closing from the proceeds of the sale.
7. Pay the buyer's property taxes for a year. You may already have paid a portion or all of it anyway.
8. Offer to leave furnishings. If you have a couch that perfectly fits an unusually shaped living space, offer to include it in the sale of the home.
9. Have some flexibility on the price. Being willing to negotiate on the price shows a buyer you are willing to work with them.
If you’re looking for a real estate agent who can get your Santa Cruz home sold at a good price, give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional information please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.