A final walk-through is an inspection performed anywhere from a few hours to five days before closing, and its primary purpose is to make certain that the Santa Cruz home is in the condition you agreed to buy, that agreed-upon repairs, if any, were made and nothing has gone wrong with the home since you last looked at it.
It is never a good idea to forgo the final walk-through.
Here is a list of items to check on a final walk-through:
• Turn on and off every light fixture
• Run water & look under sinks for leaks
• Check garage door openers
• Open and close all doors
• Flush toilets
• Do a visual spot check of ceilings, wall and floors
• Run garbage disposal and exhaust fans
• Open and close windows
• Make sure all debris is removed from the home
• Did the movers bang up the walls, rip the rugs, or scratch the wooden floors?
• Were the moldings around the doors damaged when they moved an appliance from a room?
• Does the heating and air conditioning system still work?
• Are all of the appliances still working?
• Check to see that all the items that the seller agreed to remove from the Santa Cruz home been taken out of the home?
• Did the seller leave "junk" behind in the basement, attic, yard, or garage?
• Are all of the items that the seller agreed to leave in the home still there?
Taking the time to do a thorough walk-through is a good investment of your time and money. You want no surprises with the money you are about to spend for your Santa Cruz home and this is the last chance to make sure there are no problems or issues that need to be taken care of before the final closing.
Call me at 831.662.6522 to do a test walk-through if you would like to see how I help my clients perform theirs, or you can email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com to schedule an appointment.
For additional real estate information, please visit my home page at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.