When it comes time to sell your home, the person who can ensure a quick sale at top dollar is your Santa Cruz real estate agent. He or she will be the primary person marketing your home, and if your professional doesn’t work hard to sell your home, it can cost you precious time and money.
Choosing the right Santa Cruz real estate agent can be tricky. To help you make a wise choice, below are five simple questions you should ask agents before making your decision:
1. How many other homeowners are you currently working with? An agent with too many properties on their plate might not give your home the individual attention it needs to attract potential buyers. However, if the agent has no listings, that might also be a bad sign.
2. Are you going to be readily available? There is nothing more frustrating than working with an agent who seems too busy to show your home, take your phone calls or answer your emails.
3. How does your real estate agency compare to the others in town? Any brokerage with great statistics will be happy to share them with you. However, you may get more personal attention working with a lower-volume agency.
4. Are you a member of the National Association of REALTORS®? Members are held accountable for their professional ethics. They continually participate in training and educational courses to keep up their certification.
5. What’s your plan for marketing my home? A good agent should be able to give you a detailed and well-thought-out plan for marketing your home. It’s also a good idea to make sure your expectations are clear before entering into any agreement.
Selling your home can be stressful. When selecting a Santa Cruz real estate agent to represent your interests, it’s important you feel comfortable that he or she will meet your expectations.
If you’re getting ready to sell and have questions about comparables, marketing strategies or the process in general, please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Attract potential buyers
National Association of REALTORS
Marketing my home