You don’t list your Santa Cruz home for sale on a whim; you don’t just decide you don’t like the one you have. Selling a home carries significant financial, emotional and family repercussions. Selling your home is one of those life decisions, the ones you discuss with your spouse, look over with professionals and use experts to move forward.
While you might have been able to list your Santa Cruz home for sale and have it sold quickly at the beginning of the decade, that’s no longer the case. Now, you have to be truly motivated in order to get your home sold. Unmotivated sellers, those without concrete reasons, are not serious sellers.
If you’re a motivated seller, on the other hand, you have several new marketing weapons at your disposal. These include government incentive programs, short sale practices, state-of-the-art technology and creative marketing plans to help consummate the transaction.
Are You A Motivated Seller?
So, think about it. Are you a motivated seller? There are a number of reasons people are motivated to sell. These reasons include:
1. Lifestyle Change – The time for a quieter way of life has arrived. The nest may be too empty. You may want more freedom and less household commitment. In any case, a change of lifestyle is a very strong motivation to sell.
2. Relationship Changes – Partners get together and partners divide. Marriage, divorce and newborns all set the stage for household change.
3. House Too Small – As families expand, it can be more cost effective to move rather than over-improve. For example, it can cost over $10,000 for a room extension on your home.
4. Time to Upgrade – Prior to the recession, American families moved an average of seven times per marriage. Although those numbers have dropped some, we do still seem to seek the greenest pastures.
5. Changes in Neighborhood - Many homeowners move because of local community issues. A school system may trim budgets or the homes may not be increasing in value. A desire for neighborhood change could be your motivation.
6. Health Issues – People with health issues who cannot continue or afford household upkeep are moving to smaller, more protected and service oriented communities. If this is you, you can definitely consider yourself a motivated seller.
If you’re motivated and have a Santa Cruz home for sale, you already know the market is competitive. However, professional representation, an astute marketing plan and expanded reach can help you locate the perfect buyer.
Are you a motivated seller? This professional real estate agent would be honored to help you get your home sold. Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.