Meet Lauren - Santa Cruz Realtor
Santa Cruz County is as unique and beautiful a locale as you're ever likely to encounter. I love living here and I love what I do. For over 27 years, I've taken exceptional pride in making the dream of home ownership in Santa Cruz County a reality for my clients. Whether you're shopping for your very first home, looking for a vacation getaway, selling your personal home or downsizing towards retirement, nothing gives me more satisfaction than the joy of my clients at the successful close of their transaction. I'm confident you'll benefit from my thorough experience, patience, and assertive approach.
Santa Cruz: A Little Bit of Heaven
Our beaches are only the beginning. Nestled between the majestic redwoods of the Santa Cruz Mountains and the tranquil sandy stretches of the Monterey Bay, Santa Cruz County is a place like no other. What a truly wonderful place to call home!
Conveniently commutable to the Silicon Valley, Santa Cruz County offers natural splendor and a flourishing arts community while still retaining that small-town feel. Wine connoisseurs enjoy exploring the many award-winning wineries of the Santa Cruz Mountains. Miles of trails through the redwood forests and oak-studded hills of our state parks offer plenty of recreational opportunities for hikers, mountain bikers and equestrians. A world-class surfing destination, Santa Cruz County cherishes its classic California surf culture.
Whether it's the charming shops of Capitola Village, the fine dining of downtown Santa Cruz, the antique treasures awaiting you in Soquel and Aptos, or the farm-fresh produce of South County, there's a little here for everyone. And then, of course, there's our beautiful beaches stretching around the spectacular Monterey Bay. When you're ready for a big-city getaway, San Francisco is only 90 minutes away.
I owe my success to my clients...
A Santa Cruz County resident for over 46 years, I've lived in downtown Santa Cruz, on Beach Hill, over on the Westside, in the "Banana Belt" and down near the Yacht Harbor. I've also called Capitola, Aptos, Ben Lomond and the Elkhorn Slough home at various times in my life. With a record like that, I'm intimately familiar with every neighborhood, beach, school district and shopping spot from Boulder Creek to North Monterey County. This experience helps guide my clients to their perfect piece of paradise.
In my 27 years as a real estate professional, I've earned a number professional honors, none of which would be possible without my clients. The success stories I prefer to talk about are the people who walk into my office as strangers and walk out as satisfied clients and new friends. Perhaps you'd like to read what some of my clients think about their experiences with me. People like Jim and Brigit Whims' who wanted a beachfront home for their family to enjoy, or Charles and Pam Landram for whom I've had the pleasure of assisting to sell two properties and buying one. Learn more about my clients, achievements, or read my resume.
What you can expect when you work with me?
If you're buying, expect a lot of questions from me! Why are you moving? Do you have children? What's important to you in a house and neighborhood? The more questions I ask, the better chance we have of finding you just the right home. Once I feel I have a handle on your needs as a buyer, we'll explore the various neighborhoods and available homes together. When a house "clicks", I'll offer you my expertise in helping you evaluate its condition and how this home fits your criteria. Before making an offer, we'll take a look at comparable homes on the market. After negotiating our price and conditions, I'll coordinate a professional team of reliable local lenders, escrow officers, inspectors, and various services who will see to every last detail throughout the escrow period. Even after the sale is complete, I like to assist my clients in any way I can. The way I see it, a successful sale is just the beginning of a long relationship.
Sellers have different needs. Some need to sell their home quickly. Others have a little more time to deliberate. All sellers are looking for the best possible return on their investment. In each situation, I like to tailor my services to meet my clients' specific needs. That means evaluating a property's potential, suggesting various pricing and listing strategies, preparing the home, and the seller, for marketing. We'll ensure maximum exposure of your home through the internet, multiple listing service, broker previews, print advertising, open houses, and custom brochures.
I believe that my attention to detail, my negotiating skills, my clear communication, honesty and enthusiastic nature are why so many of my clients are pleased with their transactions. But real estate requires a true team effort. And I think many of my clients learn a great deal, not just about real estate, but about themselves, through our process together.
I'm At Your Service
Before you go, I'd like to thank you. I know that hiring a real estate agent is a big decision. And I'm delighted that you've considered me. My website is here for you to use in any way you find useful. There are links to help you familiarize yourself with the various aspects of home buying, home selling, financing and much, much more. Please browse around and see for yourself. And, please, don't hesitate to contact me, for any reason at all. If I can answer a question, help you find a contractor, or just recommend a great lunch spot, I'm happy to be of assistance.
Qualifications and Awards
We real estate agents often list our awards and achievements. It shows our success, experience and longevity in a challenging profession.
* Broker Associate, ABR - Accredited Buyer Representative, CRS - Certified Residential Specialist, Eco-Broker - Premier Green Designation, E-PRO - Internet Professional, GREEN - Green Real Estate Professional, GRI - Graduate of the Real Estate Institute, SCCP - Santa Cruz County Pro, SFR - Short Sale & Foreclosure Certification, SRES - Seniors Real Estate Specialist, Previews Property Specialist - Qualified to List Coldwell Banker's Premier Properties.
* 2012: Voted Best Realtor in Santa Cruz County, #2 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, #6 Agent for Santa Cruz County Association of Realtors - out of 1200 Agents, International President's Elite (awarded to 788 Coldwell Banker agents out of 89,000 agents world wide)
* 2011: #2 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, #4 Agent for Santa Cruz Couny Association of Realtors - out of 1,250 Agents, International President's Elite (awarded to 788 Coldwell Banker agents out of 89,000 agents world wide)
* 2010: #2 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, #6 Agent for Santa Cruz Couny Association of Realtor, out of 1,245 Agents, International President's Elite (awarded to 788 Coldwell Banker agents out of 89,000 agents world wide)
* 2009: #3 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, #1 Agent for Santa Cruz County Association of Realtors out of 1,285 Agents, International President's Circle
* 2008: International President's Circle - Awarded to the top 2% of Sales Associates Internationally
* 2007: #1 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, International President's Elite
* 2006: #2 Overall Agent for Coldwell Banker Santa Cruz County, International President's Elite
* 2005: International President's Elite
* Top Listing Agent for Coldwell Banker Jackson & Mann 2003, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1992, 1989
* Top Sales Agent for Coldwell Banker Jackson & Mann 2007, 2000, 1987
* International President's Elite for Coldwell Banker International 2011, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997 Awarded to the Top 1% of Sales Associates Worldwide of approximately 80,000 Agents
* Top 100 Agents for Silicon Valley - Monterey Bay 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003
* International President's Premier for Coldwell Banker Residential 2004, 2003 Awarded to the less than Top 1% of Sales Associates Worldwide of approximately 80,000 Agents
* Board of Directors, Santa Cruz Country Association of Realtors 2005 -2011
* Real Estate Sales Agent License 1986
If you have any questions about buying and selling real estate in the greater Santa Cruz area, contact Lauren Spencer, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage at 1-831-662-6522 or Toll Free: 1-800-226-4717.