To sell Santa Cruz homes, you have to get buyers to want them. So, what do they want? Based on the data just in from the 2011 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, here are what buyers want in a neighborhood in order of importance:
1. 67 percent favor a quality neighborhood
2. 49 percent of buyers said they want convenience to jobs
3. 45 percent look at the overall affordability of Santa Cruz homes in the neighborhood
4. 39 percent prefer to live close to family and friends
5. 28 percent of buyers are interested in having shopping close by
6. 27 percent want a quality school district
7. 22 percent ask for a neighborhood that is convenient to schools
8. 21 percent like to live close to entertainment or leisure activities
Assess your neighborhood. Which of the attributes most desired by buyers does your neighborhood have? Showcase those features in the marketing materials for your home:
• Mention the schools, shopping, entertainment and leisure activities that are close to your home.
• Give statistics on the quality of your school district.
• Take photos of your neighborhood that flaunt its quality.
Need help marketing your home? I specialize in selling Santa Cruz homes in your neighborhood. If you’re ready to sell your home, let me market your neighborhood and home to get it sold now. Please give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information please visit www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
2011 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Quality school district