Your children will be going back to school this month, and you should follow suit if you’re going to pick the right Santa Cruz real estate agent to sell your family home. Brush up on your area’s comparables and do your homework when it comes to hiring a professional — a good one can make the process smoother and less stressful.
While your children are studying for quizzes, educate yourself by interviewing multiple Santa Cruz real estate agents. Below are questions to ask, so that you can ensure you choose the one with the highest marks!
• Grade Level – Ask how many years they’ve been in the business and if they’re a full time agent.
• Check Their Scores – How many homes have they represented in the last twelve months? How many have sold? What were the original listing prices and what were the selling prices?
• Computer Class – Ask how they plan to market your home and if they have an online presence. You’ll reach more potential buyers if your Santa Cruz real estate agent’s selling strategy includes social media and database listing sites.
• Homework – You are paying a professional to spend time on your home and with you. Ask how many hours they plan to devote to your home per week, how often they provide updates and anything else that comes from signing a contract with them.
• Permanent Record – Ask if you can contact some of their past clients. Talking directly to home sellers who have worked with the agents you interview gives you the clearest idea of their communication habits, efficiency and success rate.
Don’t start off the school year with a Santa Cruz real estate agent who turns out to be a dunce. Educate yourself by interviewing multiple professionals and doing your homework on their backgrounds.
If you’re looking for a professional agent to sell your home, I’d appreciate the opportunity to interview for the job. Please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com to schedule an appointment.
For additional information about my services please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.