Selling a home is never an easy decision. If you’ve ever wondered how most people make this decision, you’ll enjoy this top 10 list. Here are the top 10 reasons people sell their Santa Cruz County homes.
1. Death or divorce. Death and divorce can cause major changes to a family’s financial situation. Homeowners are often unable to cover the maintenance and cost of the home on a single income and are forced to sell their home.
2. School district. People move to certain neighborhoods to be in the school district. They also leave neighborhoods because the schools have changed or to be in a district that better meets their child’s needs.
3. Job. A very common reason for selling a home is a job change. The family may need to move to a new area because of a new job. A job loss can mean the owners can no longer afford their home.
4. Marriage. When a couple with separate homes marries, they often choose to live in one home and sell the other. Marriage can also mean a change in finances.
5. Too much debt. Sometimes medical bills or consumer debt can become so overwhelming that homeowners have no recourse but to sell their Santa Cruz County homes. Homeowners may sell their homes to avoid foreclosure or bankruptcy.
6. Need more space. Growing families need more space. A couple may discover that their cozy bungalow does not meet the needs of their small children. They may sell their home so they can upgrade.
7. Need less space. As children move out, some owners may find they need less space. They may no longer want to be responsible for cleaning and maintaining a large home.
8. Neighborhood. Neighborhoods change as people move in and out. What seemed like the perfect area when the owners bought their home may no longer fit their lifestyle. For this reason, people sell their Santa Cruz County homes.
9. Climate. People living in the north may decide they want a break from the snow. Residents of the south sometimes want to be in a cooler climate.
10. Home defects. Homeowners may find themselves faced with major repairs that they don’t have the time or money to fix. Selling their home and moving is sometimes a better option.
Trying to decide if you’re ready to sell? I can help. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com or for more information please visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.