There are many different ways to update your Santa Cruz home to make it more eco-friendly.
• In your Santa Cruz home, install ceiling fans and thermal windows. Ceiling fans are low energy, cost effective ways of cooling your home without using the air conditioning. Thermal windows offer insulation from outside heat and cold.
• Use foam caulking around any cable lines or cords leading to an exterior wall. This will provide insulation against temperature changes.
• In the winter (or in climates that are cool year round), use the natural sunlight during the day. Opening the drapes and allowing the sun to come in decreases the amount of energy needed to light and heat your home. Closing the drapes at night adds another layer of insulation against temperature changes.
• Installing motion sensors on your light fixtures may help to decrease energy usage as well. The lights will shut off automatically when not in use.
• Use a power strip that has an on/off switch. These power strips can be used for video games, stereos, DVD players, and other items that are not in use on a constant basis. Turning off the switch when they are not in use saves energy.
For more information about buying and selling a Santa Cruz home, email me at email@example.com or give me a call at 831.662.6522.
For additional real estate information, please visit my home page at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.