When you see “motivated seller” in real estate listings, does that mean the sellers are desperate to sell their Santa Cruz home and are open to negotiation? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Do not assume it means you’re going to get the home at a bargain price.
When you see “motivated seller” in real estate listings, it could mean a wide variety of things including:
1. The seller is willing to accept a lower price or give some concessions.
2. The Santa Cruz home could be near foreclosure.
3. The sellers want to see an offer before canceling the listing.
4. It’s a marketing strategy. (In other words, it means nothing.)
Here are some tips on how to deal with motivated sellers:
1. Decide if you really want to buy the Santa Cruz home. Don’t buy it just…