The winter season makes staging, or the concept of showing your Santa Cruz home at its best, even more important. Follow these tips to make your home irresistible:
1. Make every surface shine: Shine bathroom fixtures, stove, refrigerator and faucets.
2. Sweep your front porch: Sweep away all those leaves stuck in the corners.
3. Clean, Clean, Clean: Everything from lamps and light fixtures to bulbs and baseboards.
4. Add fresh flowers: Put them on the entry table, dining room table and anywhere else that needs a splash of color.
5. Remove all clutter: Put it in a storage locker or a friend’s garage. Take down all your personal pictures. Buyers want to picture their belongings in the house, not yours.
6. Burn potpourri: Or bake