Many real estate agents say, “Stage your Santa Cruz homes for sale!” If you have no idea what that means, you might Google it, read a few articles and get the idea that you throw a little rented furniture into your home and call it done. If you read a little bit more, you might add a mirror or potted plant here and there. However, if you really dig into it, you’ll find that staging Santa Cruz homes for sale take a whole lot more than that.
Test Your Knowledge
Did you know…
• Smaller furniture in small areas makes the space appear bigger.
• Carefully arranged plants bring warmth to a living area.
• Rugs and artwork add depth and dimension to a room.
• Sunlight shining through a window makes a room feel warm and inviting.
• A staged bedroom is as important as the bathroom and kitchen.
• The colors you choose can make the difference between a sale and a flop.
If you didn’t know any of the above, it’s time to do your learn how to stage or hire a professional stager. Why? Home staging has been proven time and again to be one of the best steps to take to sell a home quickly and for more money.
Find Home Staging Resources
There are tons of online resources available to help you stage your home, if you’d rather do it yourself. Here are just a few, in no particular order:
1. Field Guide to Preparing and Staging a House
2. Home-Staging Cheat Sheet
3. Staging to Sell: The Secret to Selling Homes in a Down Market
Hire a Professional Stager
Does this mean you can’t do it yourself? Not at all. You just need to ask yourself two questions:
1. Can you afford to wait to sell your house while you’re learning how to stage your home?
2. Even after researching and studying, will you be able to do a quality staging job?
If you can’t afford to wait or you’ll never be great at staging, hire a professional.
What’s the moral of the story? If you have one of the Santa Cruz homes for sale and you’ve been considering home staging, stop considering. Do it!