March leaves you anxious for the arrival of spring with its alternating bursts of winter and spring weather. While there is nothing you can do about Mother Nature’s grip on winter, you can freshen up your Santa Cruz home for the spring that’s just around the corner. Here are a few ideas to brighten the core rooms in your home:
• Change out all dark-colored throws and pillows and add brighter pastels and colors.
• Remove heavy drapes and replace them with light sheers that let in more light and brighten things up.
• Don’t forget to clean the windows so they sparkle as well!
• Replace candles with vases of bright-colored flowers.
• Add a lush plant in front of or inside the fireplace that will not be used again until fall.
• Replace dark lampshades with light-colored ones.
• Stash heavy blankets or down comforters in the closet and replace with lighter spreads.
• Replace heavy accessories on nightstands and dressers with glass bowls filled with seashells, sea glass or silk flowers.
• Add potpourri with light fragrance to make the room smell fresh.
• Put some light-colored throw pillows on the bed.
• Replace heavy drapes with a light-colored valance or patterned sheers to draw more light into the room.
• Add spring inspired throw rugs.
• Remove as much as possible from the countertops and refrigerator doors.
• Add springtime freshness to the table with napkins and placemats in spring colors.
• Hang some pretty new dishtowels in bright spring colors.
• Keep toothbrushes in a cabinet instead of on the countertop or out in the open – every time you flush the toilet, bacteria sprays into the air, landing on toothbrushes that are left out.
• Clean ventilation fans – remove the vent cover, soak in warm soapy water and dry. Vacuum or use vinegar and water to remove dust from the fan blades.
• Replace dark towels with brighter, spring-colored ones.
• Change a dark shower curtain with one that lets in more light and expands the room.
Just a few changes will brighten your Santa Cruz home and make it spring ready. Potential buyers will notice the time and effort you took to make your home inviting.
If you are ready to put your Santa Cruz home on the market, call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Replace dark lampshades
Clean Ventilation Fans
Brighten your Santa Cruz home