Today’s slow real estate market is a hard place to sell Santa Cruz homes. However, the fact remains that homes are still being bought and sold. Buyers are out there; you just have to attract them to your home.
Here are a few tips for getting Santa Cruz homes sold in a slow real estate market:
Prepare for the Sale
Your home needs to stand out from the rest. Give it a lot of sparkle and shine:
• Make minor repairs: Patch holes, fix faucets and replace cracked tiles.
• Clean inside and out: No cobwebs, dirty carpets, worn rugs or smelly odors.
• Check your curb appeal: Mow the lawn, plant flowers, trim bushes, etc.
• Remove clutter and de-personalize: If it isn’t essential, pack it up or get rid of it.
• Straighten your cabinets and closets: Buyers will open them; make sure they’re nice and neat.
Stage Your Home
Hire a professional home stager or read informational home staging articles on doing it yourself. Here are a few quick tips:
• Carefully choose your window coverings.
• Tie new bathroom towels with ribbons for a “finished” bathroom look.
• Use color psychology.
• Bring in plants.
Use Good Marketing Techniques
A strong marketing campaign is a must. A few techniques you want to be sure you or your agent includes in your marketing campaign are:
• Take photographs with good lighting that show off the positive aspects of your home.
• Create a virtual tour that showcases both the inside and outside of your home.
• Display the photos and virtual tour on as many real estate websites as possible.
Selling Santa Cruz homes isn’t a quick or easy endeavor. Especially now, aggressive marketers are the winners. Taking the time to clean and stage your home, as well as create a wide-reaching marketing campaign, can get that for sale sign taken down for good.
If you’d like to sell your home, let me create a strong, wide-reaching marketing campaign to get your home sold. Give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com or visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com for additional information.
Replace cracked tiles
Informational home staging articles
Create a virtual tour