The ongoing debate as to whether selling your Santa Cruz real estate is better as a FSBO or with the help of a REALTOR® just got some new ammunition. The new survey supports past findings that using a REALTOR® is more beneficial to Santa Cruz real estate sellers.
The survey, conducted by HomeGain.com, a leading online real estate resource that connects home buyers and sellers with real estate professionals, surveyed over 1,000 homeowners. Here’s what HomeGain’s survey found:
• 83% of homeowners surveyed said they used a REALTOR® to sell their home and 17% said they tried to sell their home on their own.
• 59% of homeowners that used a REALTOR® to sell their homes were successful vs. 39% of FSBO’s, reflecting a 50% higher closing rate for those home sellers using a REALTOR®.
• 81% percent of homeowners that used a REALTOR® to try and sell their homes said they would use a REALTOR® again for their real estate needs.
• 88% of homeowners who sold their homes using a REALTOR® said they would use a REALTOR® again.
• 71% of FSBOs who managed to sell their homes on their own said they would try and sell their home on their own again.
• 24% of FSBOs eventually enlisted the aid of a REALTOR® to help sell their homes.
If you’re ready to use the method most likely to get your Santa Cruz real estate sold, give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional information please visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.