If your Santa Cruz home for sale isn’t selling, you’re probably wondering if you’re missing something. Well, here’s a list of things you might not know that could make all the difference:
1. If the location of your Santa Cruz home for sale isn’t great, the price and terms are the only thing that will sell it. Make them outstanding!
2. Attractive, competitive terms may help you get a higher price. For instance, if you’re allowing the option of owner financing, and also allow a smaller down payment (say, $20,000 - $30,000), you may be able to sell your house for a higher overall amount.
3. Because of the current high competition, your home has to be in the best condition at a competitive price. Check out the competition, accept that yours might need work, and get to it.
4. You can’t set a limit for home improvement. If your home needs something done to beat the competition and you can do it, do it! You aren’t just spending money; you’re investing in the sale of your home. Although you may not get all your money back, you just might get a quick sale at full value.
5. Staging – you’ve heard of it; tons of agents are talking about it. If you want to get your house sold, either invest in staging services or do your homework and stage the home yourself. It’s all about presentation.
6. Remember that you are no longer the host/hostess of the house. You are a business person, and your business is getting that house sold. Don’t let your emotions get in the way of a solid business deal.
Putting up your Santa Cruz home for sale is a daunting prospect. If it’s been up for a while, it can be an exercise in frustration. However, keep the above points in mind, listen to the experts and put what you learn to work for you.
If you’d like to get your home sold, I can help. Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stage the home