For homeowners getting ready to put their Santa Cruz homes on the market, here are a few stunningly-easy tips to help get your home sold faster and maybe even for more money.
Keep in mind that your prospective buyers will most likely be viewing several Santa Cruz homes on the same day as your showing. The emotional elements you include will have a profound impact on their memory, and will make your home standout when they review what they’ve seen with their agents at day’s end.
Preparing your home for the perfect showing is essential and comprises three basic elements that will make your home sparkle.
- Soft classical music
- Simmering potpourri
- Bake an apple pie in the oven. Or, if you have a bread machine, bake bread.
- Well-lit rooms and inviting indirect lighting
- Air conditioning or heating set at a comfortable temperature
- Garden-fresh bouquet of flowers near the entrance or on the kitchen table
- Fresh neutral-colored paint and cleaned or new carpet
- Remove family photos or personal items (allows buyer to imagine it is their home)
- Meticulously spotless kitchen and bath
- Walls washed and spackled as needed
- No clutter whatsoever (uncluttered rooms look larger)
- No pets – kennel them if needed (buyer may be allergic)
- Clean closets (yes, people peek in your closets)
Remember it’s the little things in life that matter, and the same is absolutely true when it comes to a buyer looking for a place to call home-sweet-home.
For more ideas on how to sell fast and make the most from the sale of your Santa Cruz home, call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.