There’s a group of individuals constantly overlooked when someone has a home for sale in Santa Cruz. It’s not just newlyweds, families and women looking for homes. Men are on the look out, too. So what are they looking for? Here are a few points on the list:
• Location, location, location – Most men want a place close to their job. No long commutes, no hours on the highway. In fact, it’s one of their biggest considerations when choosing a home.
• The Man Cave – Is your home for sale in Santa Cruz set up with a man cave? Many men dream of having an extra room that can be converted into a place for recreation and entertainment. If you already have a man cave, you’re ahead of the competition!
• Surrounding area – In a fun survey, Sperling’s BestPlaces examined America’s cities and marketing trends to find the “Top 50 Manliest Cities” in the U.S. Believe it or not, Nashville took the top place as the Mecca of manliness. Why? A few reasons:
o High number of NASCAR fans
o High number of BBQ restaurants
o Popularity of hunting and fishing
What other things did Sperling’s look at to decide “manliness"?
• Major league sports teams in a city, nearby NASCAR events, monster truck events and local drag racing strips, among other sports venues
• Memberships in motorcycle owner groups, bowling, hunting, woodworking, DIY home improvement
• Number of manly retail stores, such as steak houses, sports bars, general hardware stores, sportsman stores, etc.
• Percentage of houses subscribing to manly magazines
So what does all this mean to you? If you have a home for sale in Santa Cruz with manly decor as well as surrounding attractions, you have a match made in heaven for the busy bachelor. Okay, so women like monster truck events, motorcycles and DIY, too. And, okay, so the survey is a little silly. However, if you’re trying to sell that house and are having no luck, it’s definitely something to think about.
If you’re trying to sell your home, I can help. Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at email@example.com for more information.