If you have a Santa Cruz home for sale, it is important to appreciate the significance of first impressions. When potential buyers drive up to your property and take their first look at your front door, they will instantly be drawing conclusions about your house.
When you are trying to entice a buyer to fall in love with your house, you must consider the curb appeal of your Santa Cruz home for sale. This term describes the way your house looks from the outside or while standing on the curb.
What they see inside could either support or alter that original conclusion, but there is no way to erase a first impression. In fact, some surveys show that curb appeal can affect a buyer’s decision even more than price or square footage. Below are seven simple things you can do to improve your house’s curb appeal:
1. Plant a few shrubs or decorative flowers in the front yard to bring color to your lawn.
2. Is your front door looking a little worse for wear? Give it a fresh coat of paint or replace it with a new one.
3. Keep your grass well watered so it appears green and lush.
4. Remove anything your pet leaves lying around, such as bones, chew toys or droppings.
5. Take a look at your gutters. If they look damaged or are hanging loose from the roof, be sure to have them repaired before showing the house.
6. Clean up your flowerbeds by removing weeds and trimming overgrown plants.
7. Add a bench, a garden ornament or a couple of beautiful pots to make your front yard more attractive.
These are just a few ways you can improve the curb appeal of your Santa Cruz home for sale and make a great first impression on buyers.
Please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information about getting your house ready to sell.
For additional real estate information, please visit my home page at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Consider the Curb Appeal
Plant a Few Shrubs
Keep Your Grass Well Watered