If you're itching to redecorate your Santa Cruz condo and your budget is tight, I'd like to share a few ideas with you on how you can make over your condo without spending a lot of money.
• Take stock of what you already have. You can update your existing picture frames by spray-painting them all one color, and then stagger their placement on the wall. A set of slipcovers for your current furniture will be cheaper than buying an entire sofa set, and is a quick way to redecorate your Santa Cruz condo.
• Search out garage sales and thrift stores. It’s true that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. You’d be surprised how many times you can find a good deal on home décor accessories, artwork or furniture that’s secondhand.
• Check outlet stores for scratch and dent items. For things that you can't buy used, shop at an outlet store. Some of the damage on these items may be easily repaired or disguised. Most outlet stores have inventory that changes regularly, so don’t forget to check back often.
• Re-paint your Santa Cruz condo. Putting a fresh coat of paint on the walls can make a world of difference in how your home looks. Pick a neutral color to open up the rooms or a vibrant color to add personality. Stark white rarely improves the appearance of any home.
• Be creative. Experiment with different combinations of your furniture. Try putting inexpensive prints from your local hobby store in garage sale frames. For an abstract work of art, you could sprinkle potpourri inside the glass of a picture frame. Carefully assemble the frame, securing the potpourri between both sides; the potpourri visible through the glass becomes art.
With a little creativity and an open mind you can easily decorate your Santa Cruz condo on a budget.
Want more tips on how to live well on a budget? Subscribe to this blog. You'll get free tips like this one automatically sent to your email inbox once or twice a week. And, I promise not to share your email address with anyone, anytime for any reason.