You may be wondering how to get the best price for your Santa Cruz real estate. Good preparation and a little hard work is the key to getting the most money when selling your home. Here are a few tried and true improvements you should make before you list your home:
• Revamp the exterior of your Santa Cruz real estate. Pretend that you're a potential buyer and take a critical look at the outside of your home. Could it use a new coat of paint? Perhaps the current paint scheme makes it look out-dated and old-fashioned. Painting and adding new light fixtures and railings can immediately improve your home's value.
• Look to the landscaping. Trim any trees or bushes that obscure the view of your home from the curb. Highlight the best view of your home, making sure the lawn is mowed and any flowerbeds are neat and tidy.
• Update the home’s interior. A light neutral paint color will make your home look bigger and more inviting to a buyer. Remove unnecessary furniture to help open up the rooms. Take down any personal photos you have up. You want the buyer to be able to picture themselves living there.
• De-clutter and organize. Clear off every flat surface in your home. Sort through all of your belongings. Pack away what you don’t use often; consider it pre-moving. Neatly stack and arrange your storage items, buyers prefer clean and orderly homes. You’ll want to remember to include the kitchen and bathrooms in the process. An entire house can be dismissed because of cluttered, out-dated kitchens and bathrooms.
• Do some light remodeling. The number one place that you’ll recoup your investment is the kitchen, followed closely by the bathroom. New kitchen cabinets, fixtures, and appliances can improve the value of your home quickly. In the bathroom, new tiling and fixtures can add a completely new dimension.
You can quickly improve the value of your Santa Cruz real estate by using these suggestions.
If you like these tips on improving the value of your home, subscribe to my blog. Each week, you'll automatically receive new tips like these in your email inbox. And, it doesn't cost a thing.