The winter season makes staging, or the concept of showing your Santa Cruz home at its best, even more important. Follow these tips to make your home irresistible:
1. Make every surface shine: Shine bathroom fixtures, stove, refrigerator and faucets.
2. Sweep your front porch: Sweep away all those leaves stuck in the corners.
3. Clean, Clean, Clean: Everything from lamps and light fixtures to bulbs and baseboards.
4. Add fresh flowers: Put them on the entry table, dining room table and anywhere else that needs a splash of color.
5. Remove all clutter: Put it in a storage locker or a friend’s garage. Take down all your personal pictures. Buyers want to picture their belongings in the house, not yours.
6. Burn potpourri: Or bake something to leave out for potential buyers.
7. Leave every light on: And every interior door open.
8. Warm it up. Adjust the thermostat so your home is warm and inviting.
9. Take advantage of natural light: Encourage showings during daylight hours. Have all curtains and blinds open during the day and closed at night.
10. Wash the windows: Buyers act on first impressions; the strong winter sun can reveal grime and turn away prospective buyers.
11. Create a little atmosphere: Play music softly in the background. Tune the radio to a classical station, and turn it down so that you barely hear it in the background.
12. Show off hardwood floors: Pull up that wall-to-wall carpeting, clean the floors, store the throw rugs and show the wood!
13. Freshen the walls: At a minimum, clean the walls from top to bottom. If they still look dingy, give them a fresh coat of paint. That is the quickest and fastest way to freshen up a room.
14. Use the rule of 3 – Three items per surface, in every room. Make it look uncluttered and clean by doing this.
If you are ready to sell your Santa Cruz home, I can help you get it on the market and sold. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Clean, Clean, Clean
Use the rule of 3
Wash the windows