Whether it’s your mother’s, mother-in-law’s or grandmother’s Santa Cruz home for sale that needs work, make the effort this Mother’s Day to give her your time and make a few quick improvements. Fixing up a Santa Cruz home for sale can be overwhelming, especially if costly repairs are needed.
To give you some ideas, here are six fast and inexpensive improvements that will have your loved-one’s Santa Cruz home for sale looking better and selling faster:
1. Neutralize the rooms. Your father might take pride in his fly-fishing-inspired man cave, but potential buyers may not love it. Pack away as much of the fishing memorabilia as dad will allow, and brighten the room by painting it a neutral color.
2. Add lighting. Modern track lighting can help brighten a space and is relatively cheap and easy to install. Even a few inexpensive floor lamps can dramatically improve the look of an otherwise dark or dreary room.
3. Hang art. If your mother’s house has nothing but blank walls, consider buying some cheery and inexpensive art. A few pieces can help a space feel homier and make buyers feel more comfortable.
4. Give the kitchen a facelift. You don’t have to completely renovate to get buyers to see a kitchen as an attractive feature instead of a potential project. Just, replace the most worn-out appliances, paint the cabinets or invest in better countertops.
5. Improve curb appeal. Hard work and a little bit of money can really improve a property’s curb appeal. Plant bright flowers, trim the hedges and add new mulch. A weekend of work can make a huge difference — and your mother will love you for it.
6. Pay attention to bathrooms. Even one really appealing bathroom can help sell a house. Add flowers, paint the walls, or if you can afford it, re-tile. Bathrooms are small but important spaces!
Give the best gift this Mother’s Day — time, labor and motivation — to get her Santa Cruz home for sale sold quickly!
If you would like additional suggestions for home improvement projects that help a home sell faster or for more money, please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional information, please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.