You’ve cleaned the house, made all the necessary repairs and removed all the clutter. Now it’s time to have an open house to pull in potential buyers for your home in Santa Cruz.
Here are eight tips to help you have a successful open house:
1. Take advantage of new technology. Advertise the open house on all the popular real estate sites. With technology what it is these days, most home buyers start their searches online. If you’re working with a real estate agent, he or she will handle this for you.
2. Enlist your neighbors’ help. Neighbors have friends who are looking for homes too. Let them know about your open house and invite them over. They will be looking at your home for their friends, their kids’ friends, etc.
3. Go paperless. Have your real estate agent take lots of good quality pictures and upload them to all the real estate sites. No printing required. The more information you have online about your home in Santa Cruz the better.
4. Create neutral environments. Remove the animal heads from the walls. Take down anything controversial or extremely personal from walls and shelves. Remove area rugs that don’t stay with the home, so buyers can see the beautiful floors.
5. Be security conscious. Make sure your agent has everyone sign in. Remove or lock up any prescriptions and valuables, such as jewelry, cash or credit cards.
6. Make buyers feel comfortable. Provide soft music and homemade cookies. This will make potential buyers feel welcome, and baking cookies will make your home smell great!
7. Use low-tech ideas. Ask your real estate agent to put “Open House” signs around the neighborhood and in your yard. This will catch all the drive-by and walking traffic.
8. Remove yourself. Do not attend the open house. Buyers will be intimidated to look in closets or ask the questions they want answered, if you are following them from room to room. Take your pets with you, along with the cat box and food bowls.
Need help preparing for that open house to sell your home in Santa Cruz? Call me at 831.622.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information please visit my homepage at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.