Being eco-friendly is an important issue to most people today. Making your home as energy efficient as possible makes sense on many levels, but do you know it makes sense when it comes to federal tax credits too? They're not small incentives either. These tax credits are another major reason to be serious about going green in your Santa Cruz home.
Tax Credits for Existing Homes
Making your home energy efficient will benefit you whether you are planning to stay in your home for years to come or you are considering selling in the near future. Prospective buyers will react favorably to eco-friendly installations. It will also help move your Santa Cruz home faster and get a better price.
In 2009 and 2010, you could get major tax incentives for going green too. When you purchase certain energy efficient items, you may get as much as 30% (up to $1,500) of the cost of the item returned to you as a tax credit. These items include:
• Energy efficient windows and doors
• Energy efficient insulation (primary use must be for insulation. Items such as insulated siding are not included)
• New Roofs created with Energy Star materials
• Most HVAC products including: central air units, air pumps, furnace for natural gas, propane, or oil, water heaters, main unit circulation fans.
• Geothermal Heat Systems
• Solar Energy
• Biomass Stove
• Wind Turbine System
• Residential Fuel Cells and other Microturbine Energy systems
• Hybrid Cars (hybrid gas, electric, diesel, battery, alternative and fuel cell) May have a much higher tax value between $2,500 and $7,500 based on several criteria
Tax Credits for Construction and New Homes
There are also excellent tax credits for consumers building a new home. These credits are up to 30% of cost on acceptable items with NO limit. These items include:
• Geothermal Heat Pumps
• Solar Panels
• Solar Water Heaters
• Wind Turbines
• Fuel Cells
Protecting your Santa Cruz home, making it more energy efficient, and saving money has always been important, but there has never been a better time to get started.
If you would like more information on how to take advantage of the Federal Tax Credit for Energy Efficiency, give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at email@example.com