Times change but not always for the best. Consider the change we’ve seen in attitudes toward Santa Cruz real estate over the last few decades.
Owners used to love their homes because they were their safe havens. Many now only worry about whether or not their houses will appreciate enough in value to allow them to refinance to buy luxury vacations in Hawaii or a new car.
What’s your stance on the Santa Cruz real estate you own or wish to own some day? Is it a house or a home to you? There’s no right or wrong answer to this question, simply a varying point of view.
It’s a house if you:
• Bought it because you want to build equity
• Value it most because of its monetary value
• Worry primarily about it because it might lose some of its value in today’s market
• Appreciate it if it gives you short term profit
• Like the neighborhood because it increases the market value of your property
• Plan to sell when you can make the biggest profit
It’s a home if you:
• Bought it because you want to build a happy life there
• Value it most because of its emotional value
• Worry primarily about it because without it you wouldn’t have a roof over your head
• Appreciate it if it gives you long term profit
• Like the neighborhood because of the people who live there
• Plan to sell when your lifestyle needs change
Personally, I’m nostalgic for the days when a house was called a home because of the love that was inside.
Whether you’re interested in buying Santa Cruz real estate as an investment or a home, I can help you achieve your goals. Give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or for additional information visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.