Choosing the right Santa Cruz real estate agent for you is a vital task. This is someone who will be inside your home, interacting with your family and working with one of your most valued possessions—your home. You need to find someone you trust to take care of you and give you the best advice. So what should you look for in an agent?
• Personality. You need to get along with your REALTOR®. Interview Santa Cruz real estate agents. Get to know them. Do you trust them? Can you ask them questions? Are you comfortable around them? Be honest as you answer these questions. If something doesn’t feel right to you, trust your instinct.
• Work Ethic. Does your real estate agent return your calls within a reasonable amount of time? Do they answer your questions without making you feel foolish? Do their office hours fit with your schedule?
• Environment. REALTORS® either work for brokers at a large franchised real estate agency or for brokers with a small boutique agency. They both have their advantages and disadvantages. This is your own personal preference. Choose which you think will work for you.
• Experience. Agents with years of experience tend to understand more about market fluctuations. On the other hand, newer agents don’t always have as many clients at one time, so they may be able to provide more individualized care.
• Specialization. To get the best advice, find an agent who specializes in selling homes in your community.
I may be the Santa Cruz real estate agent for you. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com to find out more about my experience and areas of specialization.
What should you look for in an agent
Interview Santa Cruz real estate agents