If you’re one of the many people dealing with Santa Cruz foreclosures, you will probably be moving to a smaller, more affordable place. When it’s time to move you don’t want to leave the important things behind, but you may not have room for everything, either. Here’s a checklist to help you get the important stuff taken care of within the last month:
1. Change of address – With the rate Santa Cruz foreclosures happen, you want to make sure your change of address is one of the first things you do.
2. Find a moving and packing company.
3. Clean out your safe deposit box and transfer it to the new area.
4. Get your family’s medical records, school records and other important papers.
5. Change your insurance policies for your home.
6. Get a fire resistant safe and put all records, cards, birth certificates, etc. Make sure you have it with you during the actual move.
7. Pack less used items.
8. Arrange to have the utilities disconnected/changed over.
9. Plan your remaining meals so you can pack the nonperishable items you don’t need.
10. Make a list of everything you’re personally taking with you.
11. Walk through and decide what you really need to take. Hold a garage sale or call a charity to get rid of the rest.
12. Let your friends and family members know where you’re going and how they can reach you.
13. Confirm arrangements with the moving and storage companies.
14. Check the yard and sheds for left over items.
15. Take apart any furniture or other items for packing.
16. Start a “survival box”, which includes anything you might need for overnight or for a few days.
17. Defrost the refrigerator and freezer.
18. Close bank accounts if needed.
19. Do a last walk through before leaving to make sure you haven’t forgotten anything. Be sure to look through the attic, basement, closets, etc.
20. Drop off your keys with the bank or new owner.
Being one of the Santa Cruz foreclosures isn’t fun; it’s stressful and you’re more likely to forget things in this type of situation. Make lists to keep track of what you’re doing and then use them!
When you're ready to buy your next home, let me help you find one that fits your lifestyle, budget and needs. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at email@example.com for more information.