The data from the 2011 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers is now available. Here are the significant changes you need to know that will help you market your Santa Cruz real estate and get it sold:
1. Most buyers are married: 64 percent of all buyers are married couples (up five percent from 2010), 18 percent are single women, 10 percent single men and 7 percent unmarried couples.
2. Your property is competing against 12 other homes: Buyers searched a median of 12 weeks and visited 12 homes, both unchanged from 2010.
3. Multiple bedrooms and bathrooms are preferred: The typical home had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
4. Most buyers want single-family homes: 77 percent of respondents purchased a detached single-family home, 9 percent a condo and 8 percent a townhouse or rowhouse.
5. You need to promote your home to buyer’s agents: 60 percent of buyers working with real estate professionals were represented by a buyer’s agent.
6. Hire a Santa Cruz real estate agent to sell your home: 87 percent of home buyers use real estate agents to find their home. 91 percent of buyers who used the Internet to search for a home purchased through a real estate agent.
7. Market your home online, with yard signs and at open houses: When buyers were asked where they first learned about the home they purchased, 40 percent said the Internet; 11 percent said a yard sign or open house.
Want to work with a Santa Cruz real estate agent who knows how to market your home to get it sold? Let me show you my proven marketing plan. Schedule an appointment with me today by calling me at 831.662.6522 or emailing me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional information please visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
2011 National Association of REALTORS® Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers
Market your Santa Cruz real estate