Have you been considering downsizing your Santa Cruz home? You are not alone. According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), 60 percent of buyers are considering downsizing to smaller, more efficient homes.
There are many benefits of downsizing your Santa Cruz home:
1. Reduce your impact on the environment: Your home will use less energy when you have less space to heat and cool.
2. Simplify your life: Simplifying your life reduces stress, improves creativity and increases joy.
3. Save money: When you buy a smaller, more energy-efficient home, you’ll save money on your utility bills. You’ll also reduce your maintenance expenses. You will most likely have a smaller mortgage. When you have less space to fill, you need less stuff. So you can also spend less on furniture and other home décor.
4. Increase free time: You’ll spend less time cleaning and maintaining a smaller home. Use the extra time to travel, take up a hobby or just relax.
5. Enhance peace of mind: When you no longer have to worry about how you’re going to pay enormous utility bills and mortgage payments, you can sleep better at night.
6. Improve your health: Less stress usually equals improved health. Owning a large house full of stuff you have to pay for and take care of can be very stressful. When you downsize and let go of all that stuff, your stress decreases.
7. Put cash in your pocket: Sell your extra stuff on eBay, Craigslist and at a garage sale.
Making the decision to downsize can be difficult to do, but once you’ve taken the leap, you’ll discover many rewards. The more stuff you get rid of, the more you can save for things that truly matter, such as saving for your retirement or your child’s college education.
Ready to buy a smaller, more efficient Santa Cruz home? I can help. Give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com for more information.
For additional information please visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
National Association of Home Builders
Simplify your life
Less stress usually equals improved health