Here are a few simple things you can do to go green if you own a Santa Cruz condo:
Going Green With Electricity
Saving electricity is an effective way to go green. An environmental agency called McKinsey Global Institute (MGI), reported that energy efficiency could save two-thirds of the Earth’s emissions and help get the world halfway to the goal of reduced global warming gases. This has never been more critical to our future as it is now. Here are four suggestions for reducing your electricity usage in your Santa Cruz condos
• Invest in a more energy efficient refrigerator. Each year this saves 200 terawatt hours in America.
• Turn the lights off when you leave your home or when you leave a room. I know this sounds overly simple, but many of us have forgotten this basic step to going green.
• Install energy efficient light bulbs and other household appliances.
• Use programmable thermostats. Programmable thermostats can automatically manage when the air conditioning or furnace turns on, so that they're on for less time during the day when the unit is empty. It can save you a lot of energy if you're away from home a lot, as many condo owners tend to be.
Going Green With Water
By the 20th century, more than half of the planet’s wetlands had been used up by excessive water consumption. Obviously, this leaves less water for future generations. We all need to do our part to conserve water, starting with saving water in our homes. Here are four things you can do to easily conserve water in your Santa Cruz condo:
• Install water-saving shower heads and toilets
• Turn off the water while brushing your teeth
• Cut the time you spend in the shower to ten minutes
• Buy water saving appliances- such as dishwashers and washing machines
If we all do small things to help our environment, we can make a big difference.
Thinking of buying or selling your Santa Cruz condo? Let me help you get the best price. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at email@example.com