Selling your home can be a stressful experience. Your home is one of your most valuable possessions and holds memories of your time there. However, you can survive the process of selling your Santa Cruz real estate. Here are some tips to make this time period smoother:
1. Remind yourself that this is temporary. This will pass. You will eventually find a buyer. You will have a contract. You will close the deal. Everything else is just part of the process and will eventually be a memory.
2. Use lists. Lists help you keep track of what you need to do and what you’ve already accomplished. You can’t forget something if you write it down.
3. Hire a Santa Cruz County real estate agent. Sometimes you just need professional help. You don’t have to go through this process alone. Find a real estate agent you trust and let him or her guide you through selling your home.
4. Know your limits. When you’re tired or stressed, you don’t have the energy or mental capacity to do too many extra things. Learn to say no. Shorten your to-do list. You may want to pack two boxes each day, but accept that you may only have time to pack one.
5. Practice a stress reduction. Find something that works for you to reduce your anxiety. Try exercise, yoga, meditation, or even light gardening. Remember to breathe.
6. Take care of yourself and your family. You still need to eat healthy and spend time together doing something everyone loves. Don’t neglect your life while your house is on the market.
Selling your Santa Cruz County real estate doesn’t have to be an extraordinarily stressful experience. Know that you will survive it. Let me help you through the process of selling your home. Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.