Selling your Santa Cruz home is a stressful experience for most people. It’s certainly not easier during the holidays, but selling your home during the holidays doesn’t have to be the end of the world.
Here are 6 tips to help you sell your Santa Cruz home during the holidays:
1. Decorate. Holiday decorations are beautiful and make your home look inviting, especially traditional decorations displayed tastefully throughout your home. Just keep the decorations simple and uncluttered.
2. Bake. Go ahead and bake your own pies this year. You’ll have your pies ready and fill your house with the welcoming scents of spices to entice buyers.
3. Create warmth. Keep the thermostat set at a comfortable heating level. Buyers won't stay in a house if it's cold.
4. Brighten it up. Winter days are often dark and gray. Bring in all available natural light by keeping curtains open during daytime showings. Turn on lamps and other lighting in your home or use automatic timers.
5. Share some holiday spirit. Buyers may want to see your home at inconvenient times, but keep in mind that everyone is busy at this time of year. Buying a home during the holidays is no easier than selling a home during the holidays, so be gracious.
6. Continue your usual life. Don’t neglect your family or obligations during this time. This will only add to your stress. Just keep the holidays as stress free as possible this year, so you don’t add to your overall stress level.
Selling your Santa Cruz home during the holidays can be done. Follow these tips to use the holidays to your advantage.
Ready to sell your home? I’m ready to help! Give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com or visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Bake your own pies
Keep the holidays as stress free as possible