There are a lot of Santa Cruz homes for sale now which makes it a great time to buy. Not only can you find a wide variety of beautiful homes at lower than normal prices but thanks to the new American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, if you're a first-time home buyer, you can get a generous bonus at tax time.
Here are some tips for taking full advantage of the stimulus and to make shopping for a new home more pleasurable.
1. Don't Settle for the First Place You See - It isn't a race and you don't get extra points for being fast. Take your time to find just the right one for you.
2. Weigh the Pros and Cons - Just about any home will need a few improvements. Even newly constructed homes usually need improvements like landscaping. Home sellers are savvier now about how to make enhancements to catch a buyer's eye, but look carefully. There will still be things you want to change. Weigh the difference between the cost of those repairs and the sale price. If you really want a home even though it's going to take a lot of work, place your bid accordingly.
3. Start Looking Now - The new stimulus plan allows for more homeowners to remain in their homes where only a short time ago they needed to sell. The housing market will begin to stabilize and prices will get stronger. If you are thinking about buying a new home, now is the time to do it.
4. Get Help - The sea of homes available can be mind-boggling. Find a professional real estate agent to wade through the Santa Cruz homes for sale and find homes that meet your family and financial needs.
5. Get Your Financing in Order - The new stimulus plan will make banks and mortgage companies stronger and loans will once again be available. They may not be as easy to get as they were in the past, however, so make sure you have all your information ready. Having financing done in advance makes your job of buying Santa Cruz homes for sale much easier.
If you’re looking for a professional real estate agent to help you find your perfect home, find out how I can help ... call me today at 831.662.6522 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org