With so many of today’s buyers beginning their property searches online, the photos that you post can often be the deciding factor in whether or not a buyer even looks at your Santa Cruz home for sale. Take advantage of these simple tips to help your house put its best foot forward — and say cheese!
5 tips to take great pictures:
1. Make sure your camera is up to par. You don’t need a professional camera with a four-figure price tag, but ensure your camera is at least 3.5 mega pixels. These days, that is not going to cost you much at all. In fact, the camera in your new smart phone may be all that you need.
2. Clean! A great picture of a dirty house will just show more of the dirt. Touch up your walls, clean your carpets and de-clutter.
3. Don’t forget the yard. You’ll want to take a number of pictures inside, but don’t forget to spruce up your yard to get that great shot of the front of your house. Trim the bushes, mow the yard and make sure to put all the cars in the garage or park them down the street.
4. Capture the right light. Lighting is probably the single most important thing in making your pictures look the best. Different rooms look better at different times of the day. Your sunny, east-facing kitchen will be brighter in the morning than in the evening, when the sun is on the other side of your house.
5. Decorate your Santa Cruz home for sale like homes in a magazine. Buy a copy of a popular decorating magazine and follow their examples with fresh flowers and minimal table trinkets. Also, keep the coffee-table books to a carefully selected minimum and clear off your refrigerator.
If you’d like more tips on taking photos of your Santa Cruz home for sale, or want to hire a professional real estate agent to do it for you, please call me at (831) 662-6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For more information, please visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.