You’ve found the Santa Cruz home you want to buy, and you’ve hired a professional home inspector. But, wait! You’re job isn’t done. You still need to personally participate in the inspection on your Santa Cruz home.
Here are 5 reasons why you should attend your home inspection:
1. See for yourself. There’s a big difference between reading a report and seeing first-hand what’s right and wrong with the home. Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be able to determine if a problem is serious enough to walk away from the home if the seller is unwilling to fix it.
2. Learn practical information about your home. You’ll discover where things such as the water valve and electrical box are located.
3. Experience your prospective home through the eyes of an expert. This is a valuable educational opportunity.
4. Ask the inspector questions. If there’s anything that looks suspicious or anything you don't understand, ask your home inspector about it. You’re paying the inspector for his expertise, so take full advantage of his time and experience to learn all you can about the house and its features.
5. Comprehend the home inspection report. While it’s your home inspector’s job to discover and disclose the condition of the home in the home inspection report, being present for the inspection helps you visualize and understand all the items in the report. This information makes negotiating a financial solution to any potential problems much easier and much more straightforward.
What should you do during the home inspection? Your primary tasks are to watch, listen, learn and ask questions. A professional home inspector will welcome your participation in the process.
Need a referral to a professional Santa Cruz home inspector? Give me a call today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional referrals visit my website at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.
Professional home inspector
Ask your home inspector