If you’re ready to sell your home but it’s not yet on the market, asking the right questions of your Santa Cruz real estate agent is a good way to help your home get sold. These questions assist agents in creating a customized marketing plan for your home, as well as helping you know what to expect. The top five questions are:
1. When is the best time of year? Spring is supposedly “the” time of year to put home on the market, but it all depends on the specific area. In addition, many historic trends are completely disappearing and can’t be trusted as an indicator. Your Santa Cruz real estate agent can help you with a good timing strategy to get the best out of your particular area.
2. What features can I accentuate? Take the time to walk through the home with your agent. Discuss with him what you’ve enjoyed about the place and listen to their suggestions as well. Together, create a list for the agent to use in his sales and marketing tactics once it goes on the market.
3. How can I de-clutter my home? Statistics show that homes sell faster and for more money when they appear roomy, clean and are clear of personal clutter. Your agent can look over your home and give you suggestions to achieve that goal.
4. What’s the bottom line price? Let your agent know what you’d like to get from the sale, as well as the lowest price you can afford to accept. Your Santa Cruz real estate agent will evaluate your property as compared to other similar properties that have sold recently and recommend an accurate price range.
5. What do I have to disclose? You may be obligated by law to disclose certain problems about your home, as well as common insurance and utility costs. Make sure you find out from your real estate agent exactly what you have to disclose to maintain legal compliance.
Remember, a good Santa Cruz real estate agent is there to help you. You don’t have to do it alone, so share the responsibility.
If you want to sell your home, let me put together a custom marketing plan designed to sell your home fast and for top dollar. Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.