With the kids settled back in school, September brings the promise of a normal routine and cooler weather. Don’t get sucked into autumn’s peaceful pace! It’s more important than ever to have your Santa Cruz home looking its best so that you can sell quickly and be in your new home before the holidays.
Most buyers will have multiple properties with comparable features to look at, so you’ll want your house to be the one that stands out — in a good way. To help, here are five inexpensive staging tips to separate your property from the pack.
1. Start with the front door. The front door of your house is the first thing potential buyers see. A few dollars spent on a fresh coat of paint and a couple of updated light fixtures can give your Santa Cruz home a noticeable facelift for very little money.
2. Don’t neglect the landscaping. While you still can, plant some fresh, hardy flowers to add a little color. Trim all of your shrubs and trees to keep them neat and tidy. And, while you’re at it, put down new mulch.
3. Define all of your spaces. You don’t want a buyer to walk into a room and not have a good idea of its purpose. Rearrange or eliminate furniture to give each space and every awkward corner a defined function.
4. Finish any minor repair jobs. You want to keep buyers focused on the space, not on all of the little repairs they’ll need to do. Clean every surface, repaint walls and check all light bulbs — turn them on to make sure the house looks bright and cheery as the days get shorter.
5. Play up unique features. Buy bottles of wine to fill your built-in wine rack or stack logs in your eye-catching fireplace. Especially on a cool fall day, a ready-to-use fireplace will make buyers feel like they want to curl up next to it.
If you’d like additional, inexpensive staging tips to help sell your Santa Cruz home this fall, please call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.
For additional information please visit my home page at www.MySantaCruzRealEstate.com.