Chances are you’ll have to work with electricity in your Santa Cruz home at least once. You might have to replace a broken ceiling fan or install a garbage disposal.
Always keep these things in mind when with working with electricity:
• Turn off the power at the main panel box. If you only flip off the switch, you’re in danger of receiving an electrical shock that could prove fatal.
• Use a voltmeter to test the wires after you shut off the power.
• Thoroughly read all the instructions, including the safety information, that come with the item you’re going to install.
• Wear protective equipment like goggles and use only materials intended specifically for that purpose.
• Have an inspector out to look at your work. It’s better to err on the