Living in a Santa Cruz condo can be a lot of fun, but it can also be an exercise in frustration when it comes to having enough room for all your items and making your home look its best. Here are a few tips to keep you from losing your mind:
1. Use an ottoman for your coffee table. It can double as storage.
2. Put shelves above the doorways rather than somewhere else on the wall.
3. Low bookcases along the back of your couch can double as a couch table.
4. Use glass shelves in deep-set windows as additional storage space for knickknacks.
5. Buy larger, but fewer, pieces of furniture.
6. Use a magazine rack.
7. Leave the views of windows and doors uncluttered.
8. Stay away from bright, vibrant prints for furniture fabric.
9. Use corner bookcases where possible.
10. Remember that, with a Santa Cruz condo, less is more.
11. Maximize space in the kitchen with apartment-size appliances.
12. Consider under the counter appliances or a pullout pantry unit.
13. Use magnetic strips to wall-mount large knives.
14. Consider a futon or Murphy bed rather than a huge mattress.
15. If you have a big bed, use the space underneath as storage.
16. Purchase pull out drawers or storage bins as under-the-bed storage areas.
17. Add shelving and wall cabinets to your bedroom to minimize clutter.
18. Use knobs and hooks in your bathroom for hanging towels or robes.
19. If you have the room, use a tall thin corner tower in your bathroom for towels and cleaning products.
20. Use a clothes hamper rather than a basket.
Just because you live in a Santa Cruz condo doesn’t mean you have to feel crowded or settle for a less than gorgeous décor.
If you're considering buying or selling a condo, I can help. Call me at 831.662.6522 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.