Selling a home is sometimes a long process. You can sit around worrying and wondering when you’ll have a buyer, or you can get busy to help the time fly. Here are 10 things to do while waiting for your Santa Cruz home to sell:
1. Clean. I’m sure you’ve already cleaned every part of your Santa Cruz home to prepare it for sale. Make a game of it this time. Time yourself to see how fast you can clean one room or one drawer. Or, take out every type of cleaner you have and use it in each room.
2. Plant a container garden. The best part of a container garden is that you can take it with you. Plant some herbs or easy to grow vegetable plants, like tomatoes or cucumbers.
3. Sort through your magazines. Now you have the time to read all those magazine articles you’ve been saving. Cut out coupons and recipes. Send articles to your friends to let them know you’re thinking of them. Throw out the magazines when you’re finished.
4. Clear the pantry and freezer. You don’t want to take all your excess food with you when you move. Clean out the pantry, and donate supplies to your local homeless shelter or food pantry. Eat something from your freezer every day until it’s all gone.
5. De-clutter and eliminate. Clean out your makeup stash. Weed through the kids’ toy box. Do any small task that will lighten your moving load. Ask yourself, do I really want to pack this item, move it and then unpack it? If the answer is no, pitch it or give it away.
6. Finish crafts. Go ahead and finish the quilt or scrapbook you’ve been working on. This will help clean out your craft closet and will make packing your craft supplies that much easier.
7. Empty your medicine cabinet. Do you really need that bottle of medication from your surgery 12 years ago? Toss anything that’s out of date or that you no longer need to keep.
8. Save your digital photos to a disk. Choose only the photos you want to keep and save them to a CD or flash drive. You never know when your computer is going to crash.
9. Have a yard sale. You need to clean out your closets anyway. You might as well make some money off the items.
10. Throw a barbeque. Take the proceeds of your yard sale and have a barbeque for you and your neighbors. Think of this as a going away party.
Take advantage of the time you have while waiting for your Santa Cruz home to sell.
Need help selling your home? Call me today at 831.662.6522 or email me at Lauren@LaurenSpencer.com.